Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Thing 1

So I guess I never really commented on Thing 1 because I deleted my first post which would have been Thing 1 since it was long and rambling. Later when I thought about it I thought it was better to keep it short. So below is the new and improved Thing 1.

Thing 1: I have been so lucky to have more than 1 career - first as a computer programmer in Cleveland, Ohio (brrr - lots of snow). We were transferred to Texas 3 + years ago and I used that move to start a new career teaching by doing an ACP, and then adding multiple certifications in EC-4/ESL, Special Ed. K-12 and Composite Science. I taught my first year as a co teach in Chemistry mostly and 1 IPC, 2nd year I started that way and then took over a Reg Ed IPC class when the teacher left, this year I am back to Co Teach IPC, Chemistry, Biology and 1 Resource IPC. Hard to say which I like better - each has its own rewards and challenges. I really like working 1 on 1 with the kids BUT do miss having my own classes too..sigh plus the case manageing part is very time consuming and can be tricky keeping up with constantly changing paperwork requirements. I just do the best I can and keep plodding along!

About the UHCL program: I have always loved the library. I thought it was a great blend of technology (my past) and teaching (my present). I was very excited about starting the Library Certification program but now after a week more nervous about the workload while teaching. It is so hard to budget time for me and focus on the Things that I need to do rather than all the cool distractions that I keep finding. I will need to DOGEDLY FOCUS!! (hee hee)

No comments:

Post a Comment