Saturday, March 27, 2010

Thing 17

Rollyo Rolly who??? Too much blogging today, need golf!
Rollyo is a search tool with a filter which did produce some interesting results when I used it to search 23 things. It still returned a long list of mostly appropriate links BUT the best part was I did not seem to get any of the scary websites that we so often stumble into when innocently searching. I can see where it would be a very good tool to use with students who are researching a topic because I can setup trusted search engines. I LOVE that you can save the searches and then make them public. I checked the list for Tech News and it was excellent and more good sources than I could have thought of on my own. The real beauty is that I can add my sources to their list and make it my own. This is the full list of sites searched when I looked at 23 things in tech news. I was able to use it without downloading any tools so that is a plus to me. Rollo gets an A+ from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment